Sunday, 10 November 2013

Home Ware Inspiration

 All Images: Tumblr

As you might know I recently moved from Hampshire to Manchester for my new job. Currently I am staying with the ever so lovely Sarah, however in a few weeks I will be moving to my own flat (just across the road as it happens). One of my favourite things about moving house is that you get a chance to decorate and choose a theme for your new room. For a long time I have been saving images to a folder as inspiration and spent lots of time today looking for things online. I want a really bohemian, hippy den vibe to my new room with lots of dream catchers, fairy lights and cushions. Have a little look below at what I have found...



Wooden Stag Head  - IWOOT // Dreamcatchers - eBay // Record Clock/Bowl - DIY // Candy Skull Candle Holder - Paperchase // Elephant Cushion - eBay // Elephant Throw - eBay // Maroon Mosquito Net - eBay // Black Candles - Primark // Porcelain Candle Plate - Dunelm // Faux Fur Cushion - Dunelm // Multi Picture Frame - Matalan // Route 66 Sign - The Range // Cowcat Hanger - Urban Outfitters 

One of the things I really wanted was some sort of stag related ornament to go above my bed, however of course they are really expensive. I found this wooden wall decoration for £10 and plan to wrap fairy lights around its horns too. I already have quite a few dream catchers which I want to also put above my bed. While I really love the idea of having a mosquito net over my bed I think having one over a space on the floor with lots of cushion under it and this sugar skull candle holder dangling in the middle will make a lovely little reading corner, leaving the stag head to be the focal point above my bed. The elephant throw is just off eBay but I would put it over my bed with white sheets underneath. 

The rest of the items speak for themselves, however the record bowl and clock are so expensive to buy online yet so cheap and easy to make yourself. I made myself a record bowl when I was much younger which I still have. A quick trip to a charity shop and online browse for clock hands online would results in a DIY record clock, something I can't wait to make!

What do you think of my home ware choices? I can't wait to decorate my new home...


Email Me

4 comments:

  1. Aaahh I love those skulls, would love to find one thrifting one day. Excited to see your boho flat!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like your flat is going to be perfect! Love everything! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so your flat would be the coolest thing ever!
    This is literally how I envisage my home too - burgundy, fur, skulls, elephants, dream catchers, candles, the lot! <3

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh your room is going to be a beaut!
    Sounds and looks perfect :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete

xo