Saturday, 12 October 2013

Matalan Movie Club


Last Saturday I was invited to the Bulgari Hotel in Knightsbridge, London by Matalan to attend their #MatalMovieClub event. I jumped at the chance as I rarely get invited to events (sob) let alone ones that were as fancy as this. 

Jumping off the tube I met up with Georgina and we walked to the hotel together. Straightaway I was blown away by the interior and felt a bit out of place when the staff even pushed the lift buttons for us. I cannot deny I absolutely loved it though! We met up with Law, Hayley, Lauren, Joanna, Abi and Louise to discuss all things blogging and the Matalan A/W 13 collection. Sipping on far too many glasses of Presseco and hammering away at the yummy mini burger canapes I also had my first ever macaroon. It was a life changing experience, and so so yummy - I am now on the hunt to purchase some more. 

After an hour or so of chit chats we were taken down to the Bulgari Hotel's own private cinema to watch Woody Allen's 'Midnight in Paris'. I am not really a romantic comedy kind of girl but the snippets of art history knowledge, and the absolute cinematic beauty of the film kept me intrigued all the way through. 

I loved how the Matalan Movie Club event was so different to any I have been to before. We weren't hounded to check out the clothes at the event and Matalan really just wanted to reach out to us and give us a fabulous afternoon, which they most certainly achieved!


(Image credits for above two pictures: Law)




 (Image credit for above: Law)



Email Me

4 comments:

  1. This looked like such a cool event! It's very different to any event I've read about before!

    Cat, xo
    Check out my giveaway? :) Phantasee Lenses Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a wonderful night, very jealous! What shade of lipstick are you wearing? It looks gorgeous on you!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. An this all looks awesome Robyn!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete

xo