Sunday, 27 October 2013

Adventures - Poland: Warsaw Day 1




Fur Collar Coat - Topshop
Tartan Scarf - Primark
Black Silk Shorts - Topshop
Polka Dot Crop Top - Primark
Agate Necklace - Forever 21

Long time no blog, I have been in Poland for the last week on holiday. Our trip started in Warsaw last Friday and these images are a mixture between the day we landed and our first full day which saw us exploring Warsaw's Old Town. Before going to Warsaw I had no idea that the entire city was destroyed during the Second World War, these images were taken in the Old Town which is the only place within the city to be rebuilt to its previous architecture after the war. I think we were there on a national holiday or memorial as we saw a full military display and service on the Saturday afternoon. 

I loved Warsaw from the moment I discovered that mermaids are the symbol of the city. Our hostel called 'Oki Doki' was perfectly positioned in the centre of the city and our room had this amazing floral mural over one of the bunk beds. After a bit of wandering around and getting our bearings we stopped for hot chocolate in a local cafe. It was the most delicious hot chocolate I have ever tasted, and was just like drinking melted chocolate - delicious!

Our main reason for going to Poland was to see Foals in Warsaw. Despite loving them for years I had never seen them live before so was very excited for the gig. I was not disappointed! Foals played a set which encompassed the best of their discography and the Polish fans were absolutely amazing, creating an atmosphere so lively that Yannis threw himself off the third floor balcony into the crowd during closing song 'Two Steps Twice'. 

I have taken over 400 pictures during the last week, including several outfits from our time in Poland so will be sharing these over the next few weeks.













Email Me

9 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and lovely outfit (I love love love the necklace!!)
    abi from a little dust

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look and pictures !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're way too cool UH. more, more !

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh sounds amazing, I <3 Yannis. I've seen Foals a few times at festivals and am seeing them again next year in London.. they're so darn good live. Did you get to Krakow? that's also pretty fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warsaw looks amazing! I really I hope I get to go back to Poland at some point and go to all the touristy places. The centre of Krakow is supposed to be pretty. I hope you had a wonderful time! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an amazing trip and that jacket is LUSH!!! <3

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the look, and i ADORE the jacket! Warsaw looks so pretty, Krakow's similar, i went at the start of the year :) xo

    beerbudget-champagnetaste.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. aren't Foals so great live, i'm glad you loved them :D I'm very jealous of how close you were to the front! xx
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wicked trip hun x

    ReplyDelete

xo