Thursday, 5 September 2013

Playlists: August 2013


London Grammar - Waisting My Younger Years
Wretch 32 - Doing Ok
Arctic Monkeys - Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You
Swim Deep - King City
Temples - Keep In The Dark
Queens of the Stone Age - My God Is The Sun
Sleigh Bells - Bitter Rivals
Biffy Clyro - Victory Over The Sun
30 Seconds to Mars - Up In The Air
Deap Vally - Bad For My Body
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Hate The Taste
Wolf Alice - She

This month's playlist is a bit of a rockier one, despite starting out with some beautifully mellow tunes from London Grammar and Wretch 32. I've discovered some amazing new artists this month and have welcomed the return of old favourites such as Queens of the Stone Age and Arctic Monkeys. 

The leak of the new Arctic Monkeys album earlier this week saw me staying up to the early hours to listen to it, and it is utterly amazing. Their new sound is just perfect and I am ever so excited to see them next month at Earls Court. Both Biffy Clyro and Black Rebel Motorcycle have been on my radar for years however I have never listened to them properly, this has definitely changed over the last few weeks. 

Both London Grammar and Wretch 32 are completely different to the usual thing I would listen to, regardless of this their recent tracks are two of my favourites on this months playlist. For those like me who love their indie then Deap Vally, Swim Deep and Temples are all doing some very interesting things at the moment.

Have you had any favourite songs from this month, or found some great new discoveries I should listen to?



Email Me

8 comments:

  1. Oooh I love a lot of these songs, good taste! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Swim Deep track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Deap Vally man, they are so awesome and unexpected music from a bunch'a ladies. That cover is cool too, I've only seen the album cover! Been meaning to listen to Sleigh Bells properly too.

    Umm.. No suggestions for you I'm afraid. You always get there first!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore wolf alice, I saw them at Secret Garden Party :) so cool xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I haven't heard some of these and I love discovering new music!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great playlist! I'm so excited about the new arctic monkeys album! x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these posts Robyn, I always find a few new songs/bands! xx
    http://violetandvintage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

xo