Saturday, 24 August 2013

Blogger Of The Month - Aug 2013: Waiste



My first Blogger of the Month is the ever so lovely Sara from Waiste. Sara has been one of my blogging style icons for a while now. Not only is her style the perfect balance of edgy boho she also runs the achingly cool brand 'Waiste'. A lovely lady in person, I asked her a few questions about her blog and homegrown brand.

How long has your blog been running for, and what initially inspired you to start blogging?

I actually started it back in November 2011 but I was a very....sporadic blogger. I didn't start properly blogging through it until Christmas last year really! I've read blogs for years, and just wanted to share my style too.


Looking at brands, celebrities and other bloggers, who or what inspires you the most with your own sense of style?

I love Minpink, Evil Twin and Wildfox a lot, as well as MKA, Stevie Nicks and Vannessa Hudgens (boho phase).
Bloggers style I stalk on a daily basis are Helena (bellsfashion.blogspot.com), Sarah (fashiondotty.blogspot.com), Ulrikkee (ulrikkeeleonora.com) and Isabel (iflyastarship.blogspot.co.uk) among others!

How would you describe your style?

'Grungy boho'  has been my favourite way I've heard my style described, so I'm gonna go with that!


Apart from vintage and charity shops, where else do you shop?

Ebay, carboots, Minkpink, ASOS, Evil Twin, Wildfox, UO are my main faves.

When you’re not blogging, what are your favourite past times?

Hanging out with my boyfriend, going to gigs, playing with Herschy, carbooting, customising clothing.


Your label Waiste has been running for a while now, how did it first come about?

It's only been just over a year! I was completely bored of everyone doing the same customisation and seeing the same old things, so I thought I'd create my own with original designs, and be a little bit different.

What has been your proudest achievement so far with Waiste?

Getting it on some amazing people like Cara D and Georgia Jagger, absolute babes!


If you could pick your favourite Waiste item, past or present, which would it be and why?

My elephant denim jacket, which was the first piece I ever made.

If you could pick any celerity or blogger to be snapped wearing Waiste, who would it be and why?

The absolute dream babe I would love to see in WAISTE would of course be Mary Kate Olsen.


What would your ultimate dream be for your blog and Waiste?

Ultimate dream would be having my own WAISTE dream team and be able to have my own denim, vintage range (which is actually on it's way) and own brand clothing!


You can check out Sara's blog here and her brand Waiste here.

Waiste are currently offering 20% off this weekend with code: BANKHOL20

Email Me

1 comment:

  1. What a grat blog - I love how much effort she clearly puts into each outfit to make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete

xo