Friday, 19 July 2013

Half Up Half Down Top Knot Tutorial with GHD



GHD Style & Protect Gift Set - c/o GHD

Today's post is a little different to what I usually do, it is a hair tutorial. A few weeks back GHD contacted me and asked me if I would like to submit a hair style tutorial using their Style & Protect gift set, how could I refuse? Usually I don't do much with my hair (except kill it with bleach) but the half up top knot is a style I really like so thought I would show you how I do it. 


Step 1/ Brush your hair out with the paddle brush. The paddle brush is really kind to your hair and doesn't break or tear hair like other brushes.


Step 2/ Part your hair in half at the back and pull it to the front.




Step 3/ Take half of one side of your hair and flip it up wards into the clips provided. Repeat with other side.



Step 4 / Take your Style Straight & Smooth Spray and lightly spritz over your unclipped hair. Take your hair straighteners and straightener your hair. 



Step 5/ Pull your straightened hair back over your shoulders and repeat Step 4 until all hair is straightened.




Step 6/ Take just less than half of your hair and pull it up as if you would a ponytail. Make sure your hair is far enough forward/on top of your head to create your desired effect. 




Step 7/ Begin to wrap you hair around your index fingers and twist it around until you have reached the tips of your hair. Take a bobble and wrap it around the base of your bun.


Step 8/ Fix your hair with the Final Shine Spray to add an extra sheen your to your locks and hold it in place.


Step 9/ YAY! You have half up half down top knot! Peace out!

What did you think of my hair tutorial, did it make sense? I fancy doing a double bun one if anybody would like to see?



Email Me

4 comments:

  1. love it! Your hair is so long I'm mad jealous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is bloody amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I tried this style the other day but it failed miserably, think I need more volume!!

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a nice twist on the usual topknot! thanks for sharing!!

    Sisters Marie
    Buy * Sell * Swap on BISTM!

    ReplyDelete

xo