Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Playlists: June - Glastonbury Edition (bloggers meet up)


I love music, I always have and I always will. It is a huge part of my life and has always been a big part of my blog. With my little shake up of appearance and types of posts I have decided a monthly 'Playlist' post would be the best way to filter that into my blog. I plan to each month do a round up of songs and artists who have made my ears prick up and skin creep with emotion.

This month however is Glastonbury month. I cannot tell you how excited I am to experience the festival for the first time ever after three failed attempts at getting a ticket, I genuinely feel like the music mothership is calling me home, or something to that effect. With such a huge and diverse line up I decided to pick just one song from each band I want to see on the line up to include in my playlist. Having said that I know Glastonbury is bigger than any festival I have ever experienced and if I only see The Rolling Stones and the Arctic Monkeys it will be a weekend very well spent.


All In White - The Vaccines
Two Fingers - Jake Bugg
Forever - Haim
The French Open - Foals
Dissolve Me - Alt - J
Elephant - Tame Impala
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Waveforms - Django Django
Still Life - The Horrors
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Honey - Swim Deep
Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
The Wolves - Ben Howard
Control It - Azealia Banks
Motoring - TOY
Lanfill - Daughter
Roll Away Your Stone - Mumford and Sons
Angels - The XX
Emmylous - First Aid Kit
Munich - Editors
Gonna Make My Own Money - Deap Vally
Another Love - Tom Odell
Evil Twin - The Arctic Monkeys
Baptism - Crystal Castles
Weights And Measures - Dry The River
Rocks - Primal Scream
Bloodshake - Peace
Waitin' All Night - Rudimental
Pompeii - Bastille


Myself and Leigh from Fox & Feather were also thinking about a little bloggers meet at Glastonbury. We were thinking maybe the Thursday when there is no music on, or another day and we could all go and see a band together. If you are interested let us know and leave your Twitter handle so we can organise. You can find me by clicking the grey 'Tweet' button below!

EDIT: Anybody who wants to come hang at Glasto we will be meeting at 2pm in the Brothers Cider Tent. Use the Twitter hashtag #GlastoBloggersMeet to see all the details! 

Email Me

4 comments:

  1. Love the playlist girl- would also love to see you at Glastonbozzle if poss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the playlist looks amazing! Feel free to check out my new post, we can also follow each other if you would like to :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaah Arctic Monkeys <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the playlist :)

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

xo