Monday, 4 February 2013

Pay Day Beauty Haul


I am not usually much of a beauty buff. Yes I use make up and have my favourites and occasionally squeal over new nail varnishes, however I have nothing on my favourite beauty bloggers. This payday though I made a decision to invest more into my beauty routine than spending lots on new clothes.


Models Own Nail Varnish in 'Snowflakes' and 'Magenta Divine' 

I had been desperate to try out Models Own nail varnishes for a very long time however have never invested in them, or their hype. And to be honest I am gutted I did. While I did get these on Buy One Get One Half Price, I still feel mugged off. Neither of these dried on my nails properly ('Magenta Divine' being the worse of the two for this). I don't mean little scratches either, the pink one wiped clean off my nails an hour after application just as it would if they were still wet. 'Snowflakes' held up better but was still terrible for its price and the hype around Models Own.


Topshop Cheek Duo in 'Desert Sun'

Usually I just opt for a rosy red/pink blusher and had bronzer down for just the tangoed club, however after purchasing this Topshop blusher and bronzer duo I can see I was wrong. The blusher gives a really nice light coverage while the bronzer adds a dewy sparkle and helps to make my very pale skin look just a little sun kissed (when used sparingly, of course).


MUA - 'Undressed' Eyeshadow Palette

As with bronzer, eye shadow is not really my thing. I had conquered the white sparkle, grey and black eyeshadow trio for a smokey eye look and left it at that. Until I heard lots of good things about these MUA eye shadow palettes, so I thought for £4 for all these colours I should just give it a bash. I am so glad I did as it lasts all day and the little instructions on the back have helped me learn how to apply eye shadow properly to open my eyes. As I hear it is also a good alternative to the Urban Decay Naked Palettes which I am very intrigued by now.


Benefit - 'Their Real' Mascara 

I think everybody and their Mumsy has been Shanghaied into purchasing this mascara recently. There is a very clever PR somewhere rubbing her hands together. And rightly so, all the glowing blog reviews and mentions had me oh so intrigued so I thought for a couple pounds more than a normal mascara I would give it a try. My first impressions were amazing, it really does make your lashes look huge which I loved. However the only downside is getting the stuff off again. This has sparked a new beauty lust of a decent make up remover. So it begins.

Have you tried any of these products? What are you coveting at the moment?

R x


13 comments:

  1. love topshop makeup at the moment and that MUA palette is amazing for the price :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly picked up that Benefit mascara the other day in Boots, it does look good! The Topshop blush looks lovely. It's a shame about the Models Own polishes - I've not tried them but I like their makeup brushes. I find that Barry M glitter polishes are pretty great! x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big make-up lover but I'm always too scared to fork out on something I've never tried before - so i'll definitely be giving the mascara a go! But, erm, maybe not the polish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that Topshop blush, love it- been really impressed so far. I want to get 'They're real', I've fallen for that clever PR's tricks too :s
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Magenta Divine nail polish is soo pretty!! I have that Topshop blush/bronzer duo and mine is soooo light (Got it about a year ago). I wonder if they have reformulated it??

    - Bryden
    Trebles and a Mixer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of all of these! :)
    That's a shame about the Models Own nailvarnish, I've never bought any myself :(
    I love my MUA eyeshadow palette, and the Benefit mascara is amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm tempted by that Benefit mascara! Lately I've been wanting everything from Smashbox too <3

    Holly-Bella x

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got "Desert Sun" too- I love it but it is hard to use sparingly! I have to check myself in natural light before I leave the house!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really want those models own polishes!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try that Topshop cheek duo! I'm glad you loved the Benefit mascara though, it's so good! I'm like you however, in I find it such a struggle to remove, let me know if you find a make up remover built for the job! xx
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always scared to use bronzer because like you say a lot of girls look orange for it! Might give this a go now though :)

    maryjanelingerie.co.uk/talk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the benefit 'they're real' mascara! Their 'Porefessional' pore minimiser is really good too... I don't normally go outside my comfort zone for new beauty products but I let the lady in store try them on me and was sold!! :P x

    ReplyDelete

xo