Saturday, 23 February 2013

Pay Day Beauty Buys: February


This month I again picked up lots of beauty buys on pay day and thought as I got such a good response last time I showed you my purchases I would make a little feature out of it each month. Once again this month I have tried out some new products, some that I have read about or been recommended and others that I bought on a whim. 


No 7 Blemish Cover in Fair

I normally purchase Collection concealer as it is the cheapest and I love the liquid consistency however picked up this stick No 7 Blemish Cover instead. I bought it to take advantage of the free Ballerina Beauty Purse No 7 were offering in Boots which you can see below. The product itself pushes up like a lipstick and has the most wonderful coverage, I am already in love with this product and can see myself repurchasing it.

No 7 Beautiful Eyebrow Pencil

Oh the woes of having naturally very dark brown/black hair. I never would have even gone near the No 7 stand unless it was to repurchase this as they seem to be the only brand that do eyebrow pencils in black. All the other drug store brands only do brown which looks just a little silly when you have naturally black eyebrow hairs. However, this does give me an excuse to invest in a little bit of luxury as this product is a dream for both application and staying power on the face.


No 7 Ballerina Beauty Purse

No 7 are currently giving away the above goodies in a pink purse when you purchase two of more products with them. Inside you get Extreme Length Mascara, Protect and Perfect Intense Day Cream, Moisture Drench Lipstick in Mulberry and Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in Forest Fruits. I was very excited when I saw the contents of this as the lipstick is the most beautiful light pink shade. I have been searching for something like it high and low forever and am so glad I finally found it. It glides on like a dream and feels really soft on the lips while not at all drying. 


Kate Moss for Rimmell Lipstick in 04

I already own two red shades from the Kate Moss for Rimmell collection and love both of them. They apply easily and stay on well all day in the most beautiful shades. I have been hampering for a dark purple tone recently and thought I would stick to a brand I know and trust. The 04 shade is a very dark purple and has been described by my Mum as 'very harsh' on me, although I don't know if thats just because I am so pale. I haven't yet plucked up the courage to wear it out however.

L'Oreal True Match Powder

The first product I was recommended this payday was this face powder by one of my friends whose skin always looks perfect. I have a habit of asking people whose make up I like what they use and copying them as I really am a bit clueless when I meander up and down the make up aisles. This powder however is lovely, it goes on very easily and keeps my face looking matte - perfect!


Lush The Brightside Bubble Bar

Ever since my recent 'rediscovery' of Lush I have been obsessed with their bubble bars. The Comforter is my new favourite, however when I popped in to repurchase it on pay day this bright yellow and orange number called out to me. Smelling of the most amazing citrus scents I couldn't stop sniffing it  and oohing over its bright and beautiful colours. While these bubble bars cost £4.25 each you can get 6 or 7 baths out of each one if you use it wisely. 

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub

As an avid lipstick fan I can't stand anything more than when your lips get a little bit chapped. Lipstick only ever highlights these imperfections and makes them look a thousand times worse so I thought I would give Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub a try. It works as a sugar based lip exfoliant to take away dry skin and leave your lips silky smooth - if you can stop yourself eating it first.


TRESemme Heat Defence

While I only ever let my hair dry naturally, I do have to straighten it or enhance my natural waves everyday and of course I need to protect it from the heat I put on it. I have never invested in a heat protection spray before however after recently chopping 5" off my waist length locks I don't want to go through the process again. Sob.

Garnier Body Summer Body

Another item I have never used before is a self tan. While this is just a tinted moisturiser I can already see the difference on my skin after two applications. It goes on really easily and smells nice, and I've yet to have any streaking accidents which is amazing coming from somebody who has never fake tanned before. All I will say is if you do use this product then wash your hands after each use. My palms are currently tangoed.

The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

As I mentioned in my last Pay Day Beauty Buy's post I found my dream mascara (Benefits 'Their Real'), except I can never get it off my peepers. Whinging about this at work I was recommended The Body Shops Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover. It is very soft on the skin yet effective at removing even the most stubborn of mascaras and eyeliners. I have also been using in on my face to help remove the rest of my daily make up too.

Simple Rap Action Spot Zapper

Nobody will like you when your 23, and you'll still have bad skin too. While Blink 182 forgot to mention this I have been busy trying to find a cure to my adult breakouts. I used this last night on a patch of bad skin and woke up this morning to find it infection free and healing rather nicely. A big thumbs up from me.

Have you used any of these products? What did you think of them and this post?

R x

11 comments:

  1. Great haul! I love True Match stuff! xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted the Bubblegum lip scrub for ages but it seems so expensive for such a teeny tiny pot! Great haul though - I might have to venture out into the cold and have another snoop in Lush! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only need to smallest dab to scrub all of your lips so can see it lasting for ages and ages :) xx

      Delete
  3. Aaaah, you got some lovely bits! I put in a little Lush order last night and the Brightside bubble bar is part of it, I can't wait to try everything out!

    I love the new lipsticks too, that little free gift from No7 is so good! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try a build up self tan as I have had so many streaky experience with fake tan! Would love to know if this one is any good as I might be tempted to try it :)

    xphotofairyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed it so far, a few patches where I haven't rubbed it in properly but no streaks or anything :) x

      Delete
    2. Thats great! Think I will treat myself :) x

      Delete
  5. Great haul you got some lovely things.
    Can you do a review on the simple spot zapper would love to know what you think of it :)xx

    http://fashionxox1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh some lovely bits! I need to treat myself to something from Lush I think - I haven't done that in ages,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Brightside it smells so lovely
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been really getting into reading about different beauty products lately so i loved this post! and i also appreciated the blink 182 reference as well, haha.

    littlehenrylee

    ReplyDelete

xo