Monday, 14 January 2013

You Could Have It All, Dear





Bowler Hat - H&M
Green Plaid Shirt - Topshop (old)
Grey Marl T-shirt - Topshop
Black Zip Leather Skirt - Topshop
Gold Ruffle Socks - Topshop
Agyness Deyn X Dr Martens Creepers

This is one of those really awkward outfits where I realise afterwards I am wearing all Topshop. Working 30 hours a week there it is hard not to accumulate an abundance of clothing and find yourself walking out the door in head to toe Topshop on a regular basis. Not that I mind, I genuinely think it is the best place on the high street for everything from basic pieces to on trend statement makers. 

This little leather skirt has been worn on a regular basis since I got it, however it has not yet made its way onto my blog. I love leather skirts but feel the skater dress/skirt thing is a bit very 'done,' so I fell heart over heels for this A-Line version instead. The little gold zips make it a dream for tucking things into although I preferred it un-tucked for this look. 

I am heading into London tomorrow lunch time for my interview, so I shall be sure to tell you all how that goes this week! I will try and capture some outfit pictures before I go too, as I quite like my ensemble for tomorrow (if I do say so myself).


For fan of: The Smiths

The song of the day today is 'Become What You Are' by Merchandise. I read about Merchandise in last weeks NME (yes, and?) and was instantly intrigued. Hailing from Florida, Merchandise had a lot to do with their local punk scene before breaking into the mainstream last year. An insanely gorgeous sounding band they have just released the first track from their new EP 'Anxiety's Door'.

R x

Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | Pinterest 

17 comments:

  1. That checked shirt is amazing, love the color too

    xo Camilla

    Into The Fold

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW !

    We have a skirt like that in work.. I might get it on uniform. Quick Q: are Topshop really strict on wearing full uniform? (as in, on the shop floor, full price, not fragment) I'm thinking grad VM job and this seems petty but I want to work somewhere I can wear my own clothes.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt! Your little socks are so cute too. Good luck for tomorrow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great ! I love your shirt and hat !

    ive been meaning to but a bowler hat but don't know if I could pull it off haha

    lizzie-florence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is lovely!

    Absolute tune as well xx

    www.sophie-acrosstheuniverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I always have those outfits too, although it's usually a more embarrassing all Primark outfit at the moment! I love the skirt and shirt, and good luck with your interview! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that shirt!
    Good luck for tomorrow :D :D

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merchandise are amazing! The new track is incredible it's taken over my life! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm with you on the skater skirts! i personally don't like them on myself and most skirts in store are always this style. so bored of it. loving your little leather one! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. your creepers omg i'm in love!!! xx
    http://highhaels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That plaid shirt is rocking, along with those frilly socks! <3

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I brought that skirt just the other day... I love it :)

    Newest follower
    www.the-fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the plaid shirt!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a cool outfit as always! I often find myself in all topshop outfits on the weekends when i'm working at Topman, I feel like I'm not allowed to wear anything else! Hope you're interview went well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks gorgeous, I love your style.
    http://www.balenciagaboutique.net

    ReplyDelete

xo