Thursday, 10 January 2013

We Can Be Heroes, Just For One Day





Bobble Beanie - H&M
Denim Vest - Zara
Wallflower Baseball Shirt - Lazy Oaf
Disco Leggings - H&M
Holographic Bag - H&M

Ever since seeing it in the cinema, I have become obsessed with the story of 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower'. I heard about the book while at school but never read it and now I really wish I did. Regardless the movie struck such a chord with me I went straight out and bought the book, and then this top, and an infinity sign necklace... and it goes on. I cannot wait until the film comes out on DVD, I can see myself watching it religiously for a long time to come. 

The rest of this outfit is pretty boring except for my bag. Look at it. Oh my god. It is the most sparkly, ridiculous and totally fantastic thing I have ever seen. These pictures don't quite do it justice, if you let you mind run wild with how sparkly and holographic this could be, times it by ten and your there. While it has become my new night out bag, I've recently taken to wearing it during the day too, how could I not?

Make sure you enter my January Blues Busting Beauty Give Away including St. Tropes, Charles Worthing hair products and Topshop nail varnish and lippie!


Of course today's song of the day is from the magnificent David Bowie! It was his birthday this week (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAD) and his song 'Heroe's' is also used to soundtrack the most beautiful bit of 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' film, it made me cry - both times. 

R x


21 comments:

  1. Great Outfit!

    you have such great style love your blog !

    lizzie-florence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the perks of being a wallflower but I really want to! Good title choice too, however I must admit it does instantly make me think of when they sing that line in moulin rouge. Fab outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wallflower baseball top xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your top and bag! Oh and Bowie <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh… ABSOlutely stunning!!!And you’ve got a gorgeous blog too!!!HAPPY 2013 dear!!!

    Check out my blog to discover the Marilyn Monroe of S.XIX --- I’ll be waiting for you!!! (We could followed each other by GFC, Bloglovin’ or Facebook

    ABSOkisses!!!
    Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn | The Marilyn Monroe of S.XIX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I can't wait for the DVD too! Amazing, amazing, amazing.
    Love this outfit as well of course ;)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute! love the holo bag with the lazy oaf top x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always look so damn good! perfectionnnn <3 and that bag is sooo dreamy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Perks. Such a wonderful, dreamy book.. the end is quite jarring but adds to it I think. I haven't seen the film yet but I really must! Also I MUST get this bag!! Aaahh.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perks is an amazing book. I ove this T-Shirt and the hat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous outfit.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know exactly what you mean about the film/book, I loved it to.
    Your top is amazing!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice look, I feel like I really need to see the film now! Beanie looks cool to! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look!
    Love lazy oafs tees!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha love the t-shirt!

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes yes yes to the bag!!! Holographic bags are going to be massive!!

    http://dress-for-the-image.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. the bag, the bag, the bag! I tried my local H&M but they didn't have any! will have to brave oxford street soon. Totally in love with the book too, can't believe the ending, poor Charlie. Need to watch the film now, still haven't seen it!And look how long your hair is! looking beaut as always lovely one xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the most amazing style, that shirt is marvelous. Also can't beat a bit of Bowie.

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh, your hair is so long now! Looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete

xo