Sunday, 6 January 2013

Sunday Share 6/1/13: Beauty Bloggers

The first 'Sunday Share' of 2013 is here, so far I have had lots of lovely feedback about these posts so will continue to do them on a fortnightly basis. This weeks theme is my favourite beauty bloggers. I am not the most girly of girls. I have done my make up the same pretty much since I was fifteen and I never really experiment that much. While I have been blogging for years, I have never really paid much attention to beauty blogs until the last year or so. 

Some of these blogs you may have heard of before, while others are newer, but they all provide me with insight into new products I either want to try already, or am interested in after reading. Not all of them are strictly beauty blogs, but the beauty posts they do feature are wonderful. 



My first beauty blogger today is the lovely Gee of Five One Couture. A relatively new blog, I love Gee's clear photography and layout. Her beauty reviews always feature lots of pictures and her honest opinion on lots of products I personally find really interesting and want to try. Gee's wish list and outfit posts are also really dreamy, offering a range of content that has me going back to her blog again and again. 



Reading Shlyn's blog it is easy to see why she was highly commended in last years Cosmo blog awards. I don't find a lot of beauty blogs that interesting however SHLYNSBIN keeps me coming back for more with great tutorial posts, videos and reviews. Introducing me to lots of products I wouldn't normally glance at, I often find myself finding something new after reading Shlyn's blog.



When I first started blogging all those moons ago, Emma's blog milkteef was one of the very first blogs I followed. Still reading to this day I find Emma's blog full of interesting reads, increasingly so when it comes to beauty posts. Always featuring cool collaborations between beauty brands before I've even heard of them, Emma is really in the know with all the sorts of products I love. 



Another blogger I have followed for a long time is Alix of I Cover Thee. While her blog is a mixture of beauty, fashion and lifestyle posts, I always find her beauty posts a great read. She often features products I have never heard of, and never would if it wasn't for her, but find myself needing them thanks to her interesting reviews. 



Not so much a beauty blog as a beauty bible, temptalia is an online website with reviews and tutorials of every beauty product, ever. I found it while research Mac lipsticks to potentially buy and found myself on the website for nearly an hour looking up various things and finding new products. All the temptalia reviews feature comparisons to other similar products and there is even a very handy 'dupes' section for cheaper versions of cult products. I can see myself spending lots more time scouring the temptalia website. 



I don't think there is a blogger whose make up I envy more than Leanne of Thunder + Threads. Her make up is always immaculate and I like how she experiments with lots of different styles within both her beauty and fashion posts. Her video tutorials are excellent, and I always find myself wanting all the things she has. Leanne also does lots of helpful opinion and debate posts, or advice for other bloggers which I think is wonderful. 

I just want to say a massive thank you to Amy, Helena and Gee who have featured me on their blogs recently too <3 p="p">

I hope you enjoyed this weeks Sunday Share? Which themes would you like to see in the future?

R x

8 comments:

  1. I love most of these, you've just introduced me to a new one too so thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much you lovely lady! some other amazing new blogs to check out too! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning make up!Impressive blog!
    Check mine and let me know if you would like to follow each other:-)
    Kisses
    Aga

    Check my new post
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou so much for doing a post like this! I've been wanting to start following some good beauty blogs for a while but never knew where to look! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Milkteef too. Great post xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for sharing these great bloggers :)

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these girls. They have absolutely amazing blogs and they are all beautiful :)x

    ReplyDelete

xo