Monday, 7 January 2013

Help Me If You Can I'm Feeling Down, And I Do Appreciate You Being Round





Bowler Hat - H&M
Crosses Necklace - Topshop
White Shirt - Vintage
Burgundy Pinafore Dress - Dahlia*
Aggynees Deyn X Dr Marten Creepers

Today I wanted to show you the Dahlia dress I won at their Christmas bloggers event back in November. I don't know why it has taken me so long to show it to you as I absolutely love it. Recently I have seen lots of pinafore dresses about (I now own two) and think they look amazing with a shirt or a t-shirt underneath. I do feel a bit school girlish in this outfit, but I think the creepers balance it out? 

I am having one of those weeks/months/years where I've decided I don't like my appearance. I've had the same hair cut and colour for the last five years or so and am truly bored. As such I've been pinning my fringe back this week and dreaming up ways of being excited by clothing etc again.

On another more positive note, I've landed myself an internship interview next week - woo hoo! I won't say who for just yet but it is very, very exciting. I have my everything crossed it all goes to plan.


The Beatles are todays song of the day. I was watching a bit about them on the telly last night and shared the following anecdote on Facebook so thought I would share it here too: "Just watching a piece on the telly about The Beatles and it reminded me of coming home from work on the train a few years ago. I was listening to them really loudly with my headphones in, and an old man came and tapped me on the shoulder. I thought he was going to tell me to turn it down but he asked me if I was listening to The Beatles, and then said it made his day seeing such a young person listening to them. It still makes me smile :)" I love how music can connect anybody, regardless of it being released fifty years ago or five days ago.

R x

29 comments:

  1. Gaaah, I am so jealous of your pinafore! It is a beauty. Love the song you picked too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pinafore and hope dahlia bring it back or do something similar! I love the colour of it!

    Lucy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this outfit! The shirt and pinafore are amazing [: xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pinafore is soo cute, looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever anyone tells me they don't like (or worse, are not bothered about) The Beatles I am genuinely shocked. They are my favourite band of all time and without them we'd have none of the music we have today.

    The pinafore is super cute - I've been looking for something similar but nothing has been quite right yet! I think everyone goes through phases of disliking their appearance (I know I do). I always think I should do something drastic but end up hating that, and spend ages getting rid of it (ie a fringe!). Stick with it, experiment with some make-up and some different styling.

    Good luck with your internship interview
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I love this pinafore so much, can't beat a bit of Dahlia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Pinafore is lovely !

    great outfit & great blog !

    lizzie-florence.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I like the colour of the red of this pinafore! haha I know what you mean I always go for a cream sheer shirt under mine too and feel like I dress like a school girl/child a lot of the time! OHHH I know what you mean, I'm also hating my hair at the moment! Don't cut it though it's so lovely and long! you look as lovely with no fringe as you do with a fringe though-you could go side fringe? good luck for your interview!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so gorgeous! The crosses necklace is perfect for under collars. Also, I adore your fringe, don't diss it! (can't believe I just said 'diss') xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pinafore, it's the perfect shade of red. Plus it looks amazing with the embroidery on your shirt! And that Beatles story made me feel so happy :)

    earth-to-brint.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the pinafore and the shirt looks great as well (I really like the embroidered parts)! I really love your hair as well!
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want a pinafore dress/dungaree dress but never find any to fit me properly! You look lovely.

    Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing, such a gorgeous dress! I hate my appearance allll the time i disguise it with clothes haha. Good luck with your interview, i'm sure you will ace it xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have the CUTEST outfits! so beautiful! also, good luck with your interview, I hope it all goes smoothly :) xx
    ps. such an amazing song!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your gorgeous, so glad i came across your blog! the whole outfit looks amazing :) now following!

    withkittyinmind.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahh! the burgundy pinafore! i was so tempted to buy it in the dahlia sale but sadly resisted (why?!). it looks perfect on you. good luck with your interview xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. absolutely love this outfit and you look gorgeous <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh the pinafore dress is so nice, perfect colour too. good luck with the interview!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh good luck in your interview deary! I really like your hair, I am still desperately trying to grow mine, it's slowly getting there but is currently at an awkward in between stage. The colour of your dress is gorgeous, very wintery!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loooovely outfit, the colour of the dress is gorgeous. I have a denim dungarees dress and sometimes feel like I look a bit childlike in it so have to be careful how I style it, but I think you pull this one off really nicely.
    Good luck with your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just saw Dahlias retweet and found your blog.. GOOD work Dahlia... Loved this dress when I first saw it. Goof luck with the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the dress...and the shirt...and the creepers...haha! xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looooove the shirt and the necklace. I feel the same way about pinafores, and it doesn't help that I look young for my age anyways, but I think you pulled off successfully here!

    Fi xx

    http://andnowlifebegins.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great look - the colour scheme is vampiresque yet you add a hint of sweetness to it with the pinafore, brilliant!

    Fiona xo
    http://www.thescarletribbonblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow really love your necklace! You are also very lucky to have won this dress - it is gorgeous!! ♥

    http://www.thescarletribbonblog.blogspot.ie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. This pinafore is gorgeous, I love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute outfit :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous dress, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this outfit, you look adorable!! :) the dress really suits you lovely!

    Hayley xx

    Frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete

xo