Sunday, 30 December 2012

Idealo Blog Your Boots Challenge



A little while ago I was contacted by Idealo to take part in their winter challenge to blog my boots. They offered me a pair of boots from their range to write about showcasing them in three different style to show how one pair of boots can last you all winter through and be truly versatile. 

After browsing the Idealo website and becoming impressed by their price comparison tracker I decided upon these Dr Martens boots. With a sheepskin lining, these Serena boots are a gorgeous winter boot and perfectly snuggly for the cold winter months. As the months get warmer the sheepskin insole is removable to make them perfect for summer too. I live in my black patent Dr Martens at festivals but can see them being replaced by these beautiful babies.


Lumber jack shirt with jeans

Ever since I bought these 'Leigh' acid wash jeans from Topshop I have been in love with them. I am not a big jeans wearer and have gone years without buying a new pair in the past. Paired with my new Dr Martens though they create a perfect lumber jack look that is both warm and stylish.


Denim shorts with a band T-shirt

I live in my denim shorts, wether it be winter or not they are a wardrobe staple for me. They also happen to work really well with Dr Martens and one of my many, many band t-shirts. This Bob Dylan vest was bought in Primark just before Christmas for £3 and is one of my favourite bargains of late. Dr Martens lend themselves so well to a bit of rockin' up, even in a casual look.


Floral dresses and tights 

It might not be an obvious choice but floral dresses do work really well with Dr Martens, especially when they are in this gorgeous cherry red colour. Just like any other boot they add an edge to floral dresses that other shoes just can't give. I've matched mine to a Dior lipstick I was given this Christmas for a girly edge.

Which look is your favourite?

R x

14 comments:

  1. Looking lovely as ever!
    I especially like the second look with the leopard print hit :)
    SO jealous of your boots!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots are absolutely gorgeous! I love all the outfits as well, the lumberjack shirt one being a favourite <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these boots, they are such a nice colour too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav is the floral dress with Dr Martens. I like the mix of pretty and grungy xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the first outfit you wore them with, the dress is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous - I love all three looks but the first is probably my favourite, such a cool laid back edge :-) I have serious DM cravings now, I sold my pair on a whim when I realised I could make a £20 profit on ebay even after owning them for 2 years haha - big regret!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the floral dress look, I wear that combination all the time. Boots have the power to make a lot of dresses that would otherwise be too twee really wearable. I have a pair of heeled DM's that go with everything!

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are my absolute fave blogger! Always love your outfits and am completely envious of your wardrobe!

    Looking lovely as always, you have made the DMs work well with all 3 outfits.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of those outfits are utterly gorgeous and cool! Really hard to pick which I prefer. This DM suits you so well!

    xx
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete

xo