Sunday, 16 December 2012

Don't Get Down Because The Sun Will Come Around





Black Cossack Hat - eBay
Faux Leather Jacket - H&M
Burgundy Cut Out Velvet Dress - eBay
Cross Tights - Primark
Aggyness Deyn Creepers - Dr Martens 

Ages and ages ago I blogged about this Yayer dress which I was absolutely in love with. At the time I was willing to pay the price to own such a beauty until Bell showed me this dupe on eBay for half the price! Velvet is a bit of a hot pick this winter, a lot of has certainly made it's way into my wardrobe, and this dress is one of my favourites. 

The seller linked isn't actually the one I bought it from, however if you type 'velvet cut out dress' into eBay lots of different listings of this dress come up, this is just the cheapest I saw. I love this dress for dressing up or down as it is so versatile. I have quite a thing for cut out details on clothing too. I don't like obviously sexy looks (i.e getting the girls out or wearing dresses so short my arse is deffo roaming free) however think a little detail like this is enough. I also bought this cossack style hat from eBay after falling in love with the Topshop version, however I refuse to pay over £20 for a hat. 

There is no Sunday Share this week as I have decided to make it a fortnightly post. I don't tend to post everyday and otherwise my blog would have too many of the same posts. Don't fret though it will be back next week :)


I discovered Black Manila through two friends and am so glad I did. Their thrashy, grungy vibe is perfectly prowling and makes me just want to dance along with a pint in my hand. Reminding me ever so slightly of Black Lips with the same infectious, rebellious streak these London kids are making waves. Their latest single 'June 95' is their best track yet.

R x

18 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! The tights are so cool, love your nails with the colour of the dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress so much! I love velvet! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the dress, I seriously need some more velvet in my life. I'm dying for a velvet playsuit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the dress, I'm a fool for anything velvet and that colour is gorgeous. Wish I could pull off a cossack hat!

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This entire outfit is AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is laaavly! Looking beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so pretty! I love anything in that colour and velvet seems perfect for Christmas
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh god that dress is amazing! You look so lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! Love the dress and tights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aah i just bought those tights the other day, can't wait to wear them! the dress is such a gorgeous colour!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous outfit, love the colour of this dress xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. you always have the most amazing outfits! they're wonderfully put together, you look beautiful :)! xx
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. You pull off the coolest stuff girl, so jealous! My pals friend is in Black Manila- such a teeny world! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one bad-ass cosack hat. Kudos! xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. MEGA BABE ALERT.
    Love the new header too,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything about this outfit so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhh Robyn everything about this outfit is perfect: our dress, necklaces, hat, creepers and your nailsss!! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm actually in love with this dress. I'm praying they still have my size available on Friday when I get paid, it's gorgeous! You look stunning.

    - Clothes, Shoes & Boys with Tattoos
    K, xo

    ReplyDelete

xo