Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Currently Coveting: Blue Eyeshadow


While the thought of blue eyeshadow often brings on images of baby spice and school girls in the 90s, it is currently having a bit of a comeback. At the Spring/Summer shows of New York Fashion Week this year blue eyeshadow and eyeliner was counted as a beauty trend which has grown and grown over the months since. 


Topshop - Eye Crayon in Kingfisher

I decided to try out this Topshop Eye Crayon when I saw it at work a couple of weeks ago. While at first I was dubious the colour is so pretty and sparkly on that I thought it might be worth at shot at £6.50 for an instant party season look. Popping it on the back of my hand at the start of my shift it lasted past the end of my nine hour shift, and anybody who works in retail will tell you how much your hands get used and abused.


Barry M - Glitter Eye Crayon // Topshop - Eye Crayon in Kingfisher // Models Own - Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Azure Blue // Nars - Eyeliner Stylo // Jemma Kidd - I-Conic Eyes Pencil Liner // Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in 04 Blue



I put the Topshop Eye Crayon around my bottom lashes in a thin line and over the entire top of my lid which I think makes for a subtle effect until you blink when it gives off lots of sparkle. I think it is really important to keep the rest of your make up quite subtle when wearing blue eye shaow or liner to avoid the little girl look. Browsing the web I have found quite a few other brands have brought out blue eye pencils too.

Will you be trying out the blue eye shadow and eye crayon look?

R x



4 comments:

  1. Oh wow i love this, you suit the blue so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seriously suits you!
    I found a yellow eyeshadow beauty look the other day and I really want to give it a try :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the burst of colour! Suits you very well

    xx

    I'm having a giveaway, I think you might like it!
    http://2wanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it really suits you. I don't think I could pull it off. The Baby Spice comment made me laugh, so true.

    youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

xo