Thursday, 15 November 2012

Company Fashion Forum




Bowler Hat - H&M
Faux Leather Biker Jacket - H&M
Burgundy Polka Dot Dress - Topshop
Silver Pentagram Necklace - eBay
White Frilly Socks - Topshop
Agyness Deyn Creepers - Dr Marten

Yesterday I headed off to London to meet Rosie and Jem for a bloggers day out. Myself and Rosie headed to the Tim Walker exhibition first and enjoyed all the amazing props and photographs before heading to Oxford Street for a spot of lunch and to meet Jem. After a mooch around the shops in Stratford we went over to Hackney Central Picture House for the Company Magazine Fashion Forum.




Arriving at the picture house there were so many people queuing to get in before the 6.30 start time which was lovely to see. With a champagne reception and a hug and gossip with the ever so lovely Gem we headed into the cinema area for a talk with Editor of Company Victoria White, and some industry experts who work in fashion world. I found the talk very interesting and it certainly gave me a moral boost and reignited my interest to work in the fashion industry. While I think those who are thinking about to go to university or are currently attending would have found it more beneficial than I, it was still amazing to hear such influential people talk about their own routes to their current place within the industry.

Afterwards Rosie, Jem and I bumped into Jaz before heading off to pester several members of the Company team with questions and our CV's. I was more than a little bit overjoyed when I managed to grab Victoria White just before she was leaving and ask her some questions about how a graduate should work their way into the industry. It was amazing to hear she thinks I am doing all the right things! I feel really inspired and motivated again now which I hadn't for a while, so a huge thank you. 

We also got given these amazing goodie bags at the end of the event with lots of treats inside from glitter nail art, to OPI polish, St. Tropez fake tan and Body Shop body butter. Some of these I probably won't use so they will be going towards a Christmas give away I have been planning! 

R x

11 comments:

  1. Love the polka dots and the colour of the dress1 Looking gorgeous missy and that goody bag looks cuteeee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun and you look loverrrly, that dress is perfect on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks so nice on you! I got it yesterday and wore it last night and its gone really bitty for some reason :(!
    Sounds like you had a great time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit! The company fashion forum sounds interesting, I need to visit the Tim Walker exhibition too! Great freebies in the goody bag-lucky lady :)
    Rachelle x
    http://inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayy, was such a good day! :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks such fun :) I adore your outfit too <3

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress!

    xx
    www.naturally-christina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I just got your message on my blog, you should have come and said hey at the Company event! I would have loved to have spoken to more people :)

    Love this outfit btw :)

    Kirsti xx
    www.silentsweethearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. im sooo jelous! id love to go to an event!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing that you got to go to such an amazing event. My first time on your blog and I love it :)

    mollygracewrites.blogspot.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

xo