Sunday, 21 October 2012

Day Tripper: Tim Walker 'Story Teller'


Yesterday I headed to London for a day trip to see some of my friends. It was a fully packed day which was absolutely lovely. We started with the Tim Walker 'Story Teller' exhibition at Somerset House. I didn't know his work that well when I visited the exhibition but what I had seen previously blew me away while I have friends who absolutely love him. I have to say that the 'Story Teller' exhibition was amazing, I felt like a little kid wondering round in awe at all the incredible things in front me. 

Not only did the exhibition feature some of his most famous photographs but his props too. I particularly like the swan boat, skeleton and giant dolly however they were all wonderful. Being new to Tim Walkers work I found that the series of images with the giant doll were some of my favourite, so much so that when I'm next in London after payday I am heading straight back to Somerset House to buy a poster featuring one of the images. They also had some lovely postcards which I would like to frame and hang up. 

 


 



If your heading to London or have a spare few hours between now and January, when the Tim Walker exhibition closes, I would definitely suggest a wonder around Somerset House. It was so much fun and I felt inspired by the gorgeous images and left in wonder at the amazing props featured in the exhibition. Entrance to the exhibition is free which is just the icing on the cake of 'Story Teller'.

9 comments:

  1. What a cool exhibition!! That doll is just a little freaky haha! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie, the doll kinda fre3aks me out, but the rest of this is amazing.

    xx,
    J
    www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited about this, I should be going in the next few weeks. Tim Walker is a genius! x

    www.that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This exhibition looks gorgeous! I'm so planning to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cool! Such a shame I live hours and hours away, major sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to a big exhibition of his a few years ago and I'm dying to see this too. The doll is so creepy!


    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been dying for this to finally open! I work just down the road, so might have to pop in for a lunchtime wander x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the Tim Walker exhibition looks amazing, I so badly want to go! Hate living so far away from London :( xx

    ReplyDelete

xo