Thursday, 11 October 2012

Beauty Buys: 11/10/12



Barry M - Aqua Glitter | Barry M - Silver Multi Glitter | Max Factor Mini - Fantasy Fire

Over the last few weeks I have been taking full advantage of Boots's 3 for 2 across nearly all beauty ranges and have treated myself to quite a few new bits. The first of which were some sparkly nail polishes. These glitter ones from Barry M give a great coverage after just a few layers, not something that I usually find with the Barry M polishes. I also love this iridescent one from Max Factor, I think you can see some of the tones coming through here, although at £3.99 for a mini bottle it is pricey.




Rimmel Trio Eyeshadow - Twilight Zone | Eyelure Naturalites - 020 | Collection 2000 - Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner | Maybelline - Great Lash 

I'm not usually one for wearing lots of make up however recently I have been experimenting more and enjoying making more of an effort with my day to day make up. I bought yet another smokey eyes palette and have been doing my eyes like in the 'After' picture recently. I have been wearing these Eyelure Naturalites lashes in 020 for the last few days and as you can see here they give a little enhancement without being over powering. 

While almost everything in my make up bag changes on a monthly basis of what is on offer, looks most exciting etc the one product I have sworn by since I was fifteen is Collection 2000's liquid eyeliner. It costs £2.99 and has the best staying power of any eyeliner I have tried, and that includes all sorts of drug store and high end products. Nothing beats it!



Sally Hansen - Lip Inflation | Maybelline - 547 Pleasure Me Red

I bought this Sally Hansen lip plumping gloss on the recommendation of a friend a few weeks ago and oh my gosh, it is my favourite new thing! I think these pictures show well enough just how much it works on my non existence lips. While I don't yet have the pout of Lana Del Rey I do now feel like popping lipstick on my lips isn't a pointless endeavour. This deep red shade from Mabelline is also a new favourite, it is nice and deep yet still rich with colour.

Did you like my first beauty buys post? It is not something I do often, but have enjoyed putting together!

Have you tried any of these beauty buys before? What are your favourite new purchases?



R x

10 comments:

  1. That mascara looks soooo good! And I was just looking at that max factor nail polish today work! Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that lipstick colour is amazing! the 3 for 2 offer gets me every time, I completely blame it for my over flowing make up box! Those eyelashes also look beautiful on you :) x
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha. That mascara is such a classic. And that lip plumper really works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't tried any of 'em! But does the Lip inflation seriously work? It looks like I'm gonna have to buy em!!

    x
    Leann
    Designer Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives the same sensation as Carmex, it makes your lips tingle but more so! It has really worked on mine and can totally feel and see it working when I put it on. The before and after snaps show it really well I think :) x

      Delete
  5. The Barry M multi glitter polish looks exactly like the OPI Katy Perry one but I bet it was loads cheaper. I really should wait for similar colors to come out rather than spending all my money on OPI's! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post! i always use the natural collections liquid eyeliner, its cheap but does as good a job as some of the more expensive ones i've brought before! :)

    http://style-delirium.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I like the look of that MaxFactor polish!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the buys, especially the glitter nail polishes! I think I need to go back and take more advantage of Boots 3 for 2! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I love the max factor minis, fantasy fire is gorgeous! xx


    http://2wanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

xo