Sunday, 16 September 2012

Keep Your Head Up, Keep Your Heart Strong




Floral Head Band - Crown & Glory
Faux Leather Jacket - H&M
Unicorn Necklace - Lady Luck Rules OK
White Collar Dress - Topshop
Black Lace Up Boots - Primark

I bought this headband for my Unicorn outfit as this years Bestival. With an annual theme and fancy dress day I was over joyed when I found out this years theme was wildlife. If you follow me on Twitter or Intagram then you'll know I spent a lot of time on my outfit and loved every moment of being a Unicorn last Saturday. This necklace is from the now defunct jewellery line Lady Luck Rules OK but wearing it now will remind of that happy sunny afternoon spent with friends and strangers alike creating a huge dance off to Del La Soul. I even had a dance war with a boy dressed as a pink Moomin, literally the stuff dreams are made of. My dress is also the dress I wore as part of my outfit, however it has now been added to my ever expanding collection of white dresses. This one is a new favourite and will certainly be getting lots of wear over the colder months with tights. 

The last week since getting back from Bestival has been a toughy. Not because of the usual post-festival blues but because of a horrific incident that happened to a group of people I had spent one of the most amazing weekends with from Liverpool on the way home (check the news if your struggling). I don't think it right to talk about this on my blog but the impact of it has completely turned me over. My heart broke for those involved and their in my thoughts everyday. 


As such this track by Ben Howard has been on repeat for several days. I remember sitting outside The Big Top tent with everybody in fancy dress having the most indepth and incredible conversation with an Australian called Cody who was dressed as a Monkey. He really was a character and helped make our day last Saturday, such an inspiration and such a good guy who if nothing else taught us some fun new drinking games. 

R x


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, you look beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is perfect! And that's my fav ben howard song :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning, the floral headband is so pretty& the unicorn to.
    Love this outfit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I miss dressing up to festivals; the last Bestival I went to, I was a Wood Nymph :)
    Love that Ben Howard song
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that leather jacket and pendant in my life! Do they do plus sizes?
    Laura xo
    whatlauradid.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your look, the necklace is lovely!

    Im your newest follower :)
    HippieChicPao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit. Those flowers are so pretty. Very jealous that you went to Bestival! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahhh I want your crown.

    Rosie x

    P.S. I hope you're ok beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your hair is amazingly long! love your outfit as always :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit the way you've kept it simple and balanced it out with the headband! I hope you had a lovely time at Bestival and I heard about the coach incident. Such a tragedy and my heart goes out to all those affected.

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love this outfit, very cool. Did a stupid snorty laugh in the college library when I read about your dance off with a pink Moomin! So sorry to hear about the incident, such a sad sad turn of events xxx

    ReplyDelete

xo