Sunday, 5 August 2012

When Your 24 And Young And Bored, There Is No Hope

Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Black Bowler Hat - H&M
Levi Denim Jacket - Charity Shop
Black Leather Backpack - eBay
Cut Out Swan Print Dress - Topshop
Frilly Black Socks - Topshop
Studded Flatforms - River Island

This is what I wore on my day off yesterday on another little mooch into town. While I was supposed to be selling my old iphone I failed due to not having the charger with me and instead bought a pair of dungarees from Primark for £12 (bargain!) and a couple of charity shop bits. Is 23 years old too old for dungarees? I have wanted a pair for so long and always fail in vintage shops due to having wider hips but smaller waist and legs, for such a small amount of money I could not resist. I am meeting up with Leigh from Fox and Feather on Thursday so think I might wear them then!

I wanted to bring something up, these shoes were bought from River Island last friday and have since after one wear worn down to the suede sole. I tried to get a refund this week however was told no as this is not a 'manufacturing fault' however in my eyes the shoes are not fit for purpose to sustain such damage after one wear? I have blogged and tweeted about these shoes a lot, because I adore them, so am really sorry if anybody has bought them and since suffered the same irritating fate. I have emailed RI and am hoping to hear back soon.

I am putting some of the stuff from my blogshop up on eBay as soon as I have posted this so take a little look here if you fancied anything!




Todays song of the day is from the brilliant Vaccines. I know they get a bit of stick sometimes but I really don't care, the band make such catchy and fun songs and have put on some of the best live shows this year. I caught them at Field Day back in June and happened to turn around half way through their set to see people dancing and clapping along so happily even outside of the festival tent. It was a really special moment to see everybody giving it some and going crazy. The lyrics to this song basically describe how I have felt for the last few months too, although am happier now.


R x


Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | Pinterest 

24 comments:

  1. you look great!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was eyeing up that dress in the sale, it looks lovely on you! Those shoes are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that dress is beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is amazing!! So gorgeous on you! Following you now, love all of your outfits :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that dress!

    www.fearlessloves.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit! Shoe troubles aside. Also, you are never ever too old for dungarees.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous as ever; I adore that dress!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great outfit. That dress is so lovely and the shoes, denim jacket and rucksack are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO excited for our meet up! You should definitely wear your new dungarees. I'm still hunting for the perfect ones!

    I've seen your tweets about your RI shoes and the customer service you've had sounds appauling! I hope River Island sort it all out for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe the shows would wear so much after one outing. It's terrible! Hope you get it sorted with RI soon.
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh River Island are such gits when it comes to refunds! Hopefully you get it sorted out - they're really nice! You look lovely! x

    just-a-thought-natalie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah you look awesome! I love this dress and the denim jacket over it is the perfect addition! And I bet you totally rock the dungarees, I've been after some for a while too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look gorgeous! this outfit is amazing, love the hat! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The jacket and hat top this outfit off perfectly, love it! Glad I have found your blog.

    http://lovehatenostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! It was really a Nice post. i also want to share something....
    If u are interested in buying shoes online from unze's new and latest collection of shoes for men's and women's than check unze's official website at http://www.unze.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the dress, so cute! And I wish I could pull off wearing a bowler hat! It's a shame about the shoes, they're so nice as well - hope you get somewhere through emailing them!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhh that dress looks lovely! & the bowler hat seriously suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this whole outfit. especially the dress and shoes! gorgeous girl x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh god I want this dress even more now! You look gorgeous in it and I love it with the jacket! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love the swan print on this, it's so cute!!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that dress, I've only ever seen it off the hanger and didn't like the cut but now I've seen it it's really gorgeous! Sorry to hear about your shoes, it always happens to buys you're most excited about xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the flatforms/socks combo <3
    Looking fab as always,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. your looks so nice and cute and you deserve for fashion and life style. your look inspirations for me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. adore this dress! x
    starrystreet.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

xo