Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Day Tripper: London 28th July

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I am alive! I do apologise for abandoning my lovely blogging friends over the last week, I have been working lots to earn those pennies and spent both my days off this week doing lots of bits and bobs. Am very excited to finish early tomorrow and enjoying a day off after that! This will mean lots more blogging to look forward too,  hurrah.

In the mean time I thought I would share some snaps from the weekend when I went over to London to catch up with some of my friends. Starting our day we visited The Rolling Stones photographic exhibition at Somerset House which was lovely. There were so many amazing photographs and quotes from the band, including one from Mick Jagger in 1967 in which he gives The Rolling Stones a shelf life of just another two years - if only he knew!

After this we toddled over to Trafalgar Square to have a little Pret picnic by the fountains before going to Camden to check out the beach. Yes, a beach in centre of London, in Camden on the roof of a gig venue. The Roundhouse to be precise and it is fully equipped with a tiki hut, cocktails, beers, deck chairs and buckets and spades. What is even better is that it is completely free to get in. Thankfully Saturday was a sunny day, but not too hot, so sipping of beers and cocktails all day while catching up was just the most perfect thing. 

Working out quite the appetite while doing nothing at all, we headed to The Diner for dinner. I stuffed myself silly with a Jack cheese burger, chilli fries and a chocolate milkshake. I felt pretty disgraced that I could not finish it all but it was delicious, especially the milkshake!

Hope everybody else had a dandy weekend too?

R x 

7 comments:

  1. I really want to visit that Camden beach place, sounds rather cool x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun, I really want to visit this beach!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit! This is a great bunch of photos, I especially like the idea of a beach on a London roof!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those pictures are amazing! i really like the way how you look in hat! it fits you <3
    do you want to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style, great pictures :)

    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete

xo