Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Weekend In The City

Photobucket 

As a part of my Birthday celebrations I spent all of this weekend in London. Heading up on Thursday afternoon I enjoyed wine and films with my old housemates at our flat. I was lucky enough to be made this delicious breakfast the next day as I don't mix very well with white wine. After heading to Dalston to hang out with some other friends I headed to Kings Cross with my friend Joanna to a bar/club called Drink Shop Dance.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

These pictures really do not do it justice but it is the cutest place in the world. The decor was amazing and this was just the downstairs area. The Drink Shop Dance nights are held at Drink Shop & Do a little shop and cafe which has events such as vintage hair and make up tutorials and afternoon tea. If you live in London or are visiting I urge you to check it out, I absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back again soon. 

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

After Drink Shop Dance I met up with the amazing Emily who I have known from Twitter for as long as I can remember. It might sound very strange to have a friend from Twitter but we Facebook, email and text so it was a great opportunity to meet her while she was in London for the weekend. I ended my night in Joe's Camden which is a vintage style bar playing music of decades gone past. It was great to try another new place and sample something different. 

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Saturday I went to Field Day and has such an amazing day. Dancing to some of my favourite bands and discovering new ones too I had an absolute ball. I got to see Rosie, a friend from Uni, and an old friend from home too. Sadly the phone signal at Victoria Park stopped me from seeing other people I had planned to. Despite this I had the best time with my housemates and even found £10 on the floor. My favourite band of the day were Sleigh Bells by a mile, and despite getting into a fight with a boy during their set I also really enjoyed The Vaccines. Blood Orange, Franz Ferdinand, Beirut, Metronomy and Django Django also deserve a mention.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday was started with a pint and a shot of Jager in the Hawley Arms with a friend who was down from Liverpool before I got rained on again trying to catch the Queen's boat show. Excuse how despicable I look in the picture above, this is me outside the pub my family used to own above Bethnal Green tube station. If you read the post below on the Jubilee you will know that I am really proud of my families background and quite patriotic too. After going to the pub I danced my night away at a house party just down the road. I spent yesterday watching the Queen's Jubilee concert which was great, I absolutely loved Prince Charles's speech.

I hope everybody had a wonderful Jubilee weekend, I certainly had an amazing time.

R x

16 comments:

  1. Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous in this photos, you're so pretty! Looks like you had a great time, lovely post :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. those bars u been to looks amazing .. i never find cool place like that to go in london ..lol ... erm excuse me while i go make beans on toast with cheese,,, nom nom .. haahaha x happy birthday :)

    http://betty-freestylescraps.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair in all of these pics, as well as the sweet things you've got on! Looks like you had an amazing time! :) I'm quite jealous! xo, Megs

    princess.hippie.love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleigh Bells are amazing live, I agree. You look amazing and it sounds and looks like you had a great birthday... also that first photo of your breakfast is making me really crave baked beans haha, yum!

    http://avatallulah.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing time and you look so lovely in all of the photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an amazing time! Glad you got to Joe's, fun times there no? I thought Sleigh Bells were great too, wasn't prepared to dance around like such a loon. got rained on lots too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a great time, v jelous.
    Love Coco x x x
    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of your weekend, it looks amazing! I really want to visit London soon as I haven't been since I was ten! It's only an hour and half away when I'm at uni but normally takes me about 6 hours so I think I'm gonna get my skates on and go before I end up graduating without a visit to the capital! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like so much fun!
    lovely post! and belated happy bday!!
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks FAB in the 60s bun!


    #loveit


    www.wonderfulljessie.blogspot.com


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you've had a great weekend : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had such a good weekend! I love all your outfits, especially the sequin number & gorgeous festival dress! XO.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a grand time! You look fabulous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! Your style is just impeccable, I love grungy vibe, and your blog is simply the epitome of perfection! Looks like you had a great time! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. Have a lovely day!

    Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY glad you had a lovely Birthday and Field Day! I had so much fun!I know what you mean-didn't know what to wear! shame it rained so much at the end! I lost everyone at that point and my and my boyfriend had a very wet walk to get a bus home!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOD HOW HAVE I JUST SEEN THIS I LOVE YOU XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow over the top there but huge love x 1 million you babe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

xo