Monday, 11 June 2012

Tell Us A Story I Know Your Not Boring

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Denim Jacket - Charity Shop
Venison Band T-Shirt 
Stud Collar Necklace - Ruby Rae Love
Floral Pleated Skirt - Vintage
Backpack - Vintage
Cross Ring - Topshop
Eye Ring - Ruby Rae Love

Going to be honest straight off the bat here, I took these pictures yesterday and am currently sat in my pyjamas watching crappy sci-fi television and being a massive geek. As soon as I got home from the vintage fair yesterday I had to try my new skirt on and wanted to find something to wear my stud collar necklace with too. Our cat Mia decided she wanted to get in on the action as well! I think my Strokes band t-shirt works really well with the skirt and it is almost exactly two years ago since I saw them at Dingalls in Camden. 

I remember seeing all over Twitter that an unknown band called Venison were announcing a small 500 capacity gig at Dingwalls in Camden yet they had the same logo as my much beloved The Strokes. What was possibly one of the worst kept secrets in music became a massive fan fair. Like so many others I didn't manage to get a ticket but decided to go to Camden anyway even if it was just to sit outside the venue with a pint and listen. What actually happened was we saw The Strokes pile out of a white van on Camden High Street into the venue receiving a "Hi, how you doing?" from Julian Casablancas before sneaking into the gig. I genuinely don't think I have been so beside myself often in my life, it really was one of the most amazing gigs, and life moments, ever. If you've been following my blog for a while you will know I am a HUGE Strokes fan and have the lyrics 'Please don't slow me down if I'm going too fast' tattooed down my right arm. 


I am not really up to much today, am still hitting the job hunt hard and will probably spend most of the day praying the weather sorts itself out so I can go on bike ride at some point. I watched Blue Valentine last night and think I must be dead inside because I didn't even produce a single tear just got a bit watery eyed. What does everybody else make of the film?

R x

22 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, it goes together so nicely :) That's such a lucky and amazing story about how you got to see the Strokes, you must have had ana amazing time that day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great story behind the outfit! So great to hear x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that ankh cross ring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I come on your blog I'm always left craving your rings! Ahhh you have such a great selection. I love that skirt too, such a strange sort of pattern! I haven't watched it, would you say it was any good? I watched Napolion Dynomite yesterday, twas funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skirt. Oh my God, you are so lucky, I would have cried if he'd have said anything to me! Huge love for The Strokes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your t-shirt, and the way you styled it is just perfect! and oh, how amazing your hair is! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. this outfit is so cute! im loving the great vintage fair find!
    and ah yes, reptilia is my fave strokes song!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome outfit! Ahh that's such a great story, I must admit I hadn't heard about the not-so secret gig, must've been amazing to be part of! Going to have to check out Ruby Rae Love, was instantly drawn to the stud necklace and eye ring! Xxx

    http://www.thequickredfox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit, definitely agree that the skirt and top go well together :) It's fantastic you were able to watch the Strokes gig, lucky! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think that would also look totally sick with some high waisted shorts<3
    www.totallybriful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic outfit I ADORE your jewellery !
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh i love this outfit, too cute! Your jewellery is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally 90's! love it

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your outfit, the skirt is pretty awesome! ahh i can't believe julian said hi to you, thats insane! definitely a gig to remember xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wowzers you look hottt! love the lippy. thanks for the comment on my DIY.. I think I used about half a packet of dye & the darker bits take but not as much :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am actually full on in love with this outfit, you really suit that lipstick too!

    Can't believe sexpot Julian said hi to you, I think I might have cried x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute outfit, I love the necklace and skirt <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this whole outfit! The skirt and the tshirt look so good together. Big love for The Strokes too xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're so lucky, I LOVE The Strokes. This outfit works perfectly, and your gorgeous hair always makes me so jealous! :-( Great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the band tshirt with the patterned skirt, such a great idea, you look beautiful! I've started pairing patterns with my vintage tees! Ah and AMAZING story about The Strokes too, I used to be obsessed with them, until Julian got married and broke my heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. you. have. the. raddest. clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. cool outfit, love the studded collar! :) x

    ReplyDelete

xo