Sunday, 27 May 2012

West Coast Road Trip 2012: San Diego

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Arriving in San Diego we expected to be greeted with yet more sunshine after enjoying lots of it while in LA, especially what with the city being just over 10 miles from the border of Mexico! Sadly though the lady on the desk at our hostel confirmed what we suspected, that the weekends forecast for San Diego was overcast, and that is usually sunshine all year round. Despite this we found ourselves at a local brewery drinking local beverages before heading to a club just down the road.

Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Hungover once again we headed to a little Mexican joint called Pokez which had been recommended to us by a tattoo artist we met on our trip to Prague who was actually from San Diego. The food was absolutely delicious and I was a little bit over excited about the idea of eating actual Mexican fajitas, and not something Old El Paso whipped up.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

To walk off the insane amount of food we had devoured the three of us drove to the north of San Diego and went for a walk down Ocean Beach. I was told to visit as it is one of the last true hippy beaches left on the west coast and I was not disappointed. While it was still overcast I really enjoyed nattering with my girls while feeling sand in between my toes, and it was still warm enough for another crazy coloured ice cream! We found a few great little shops too, I bought a Hansa hand pendent for a necklace and a Guatemalan worry doll.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Our last evening in San Diego came round far too quickly. While we only spent two days there it is definitely a city I would love to check out again and get a real feel for. It was rather similar to New York in some ways and London in others. I loved how it seemed to have a massive alternative scene even right over to the massive groups of bikers we saw and loads of amazing vintage cars. Saima got her second tattoo of the trip that evening which is an absolutely beautiful Sailor Jerry piece on her forearm. We topped up our hunger levels with some Thai food before a good nights kip to see us right for our 8 hour drive to Vegas the next morning.

Next Stop: Las Vegas

R x

14 comments:

  1. I love this post! It fills me with wanderlust and happiness and the urge to get back to the places I love, cherish and miss so much!

    I love the 11th picture of the men sitting around a camp fire.. it looks loike how life should be.

    The Thai food looks so pretty and yummy!

    Inspirational.

    Thanks for sharing. I always check out your blog. That road trip looks like the best ever.. MAGIC. I want to do it so much.

    www.wonderfulljessie.blogspot.com


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was absolutely amazing, nothing has compared since! Ahh thank you jess I really appreciate the support :) <333

      Delete
  2. TAKE ME BACK TO AMERICA!
    Seriously, this post just makes me want to sell everything I own, and hop on a place to LA.

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these pictures make me so jealous! I actually want to eat all that food! Good luck with the 8 hour trip to Vegas! xx

    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the 8hrs trip was a lot less in the end, will post about it soon x

      Delete
  4. great pictures..it seems like ur havin a rly good time! hopefully I'm able to do a road trip like that someday! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you girls had so much fun over there! I should definitely go to Sn Diego some time soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, maybe we could follow each other? Let me know so I can follow back! :)

    xx
    E

    http://byebye-blondie.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the time of our lives certainly x

      Delete
  6. Ahhh this post is giving me serious wanderlust! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. ahh thank you, one more post to go on vegas x

      Delete

xo