Sunday, 13 May 2012

Sephora Purchases




One of my favourite parts about going on holiday, asides from seeing new things and visiting new places, is trying out the shops they have. One of our first shopping stops in California was the massive Sephora in San Francisco, in fact we went there on our first full day in the states. I did also buy some foundation but that isn't nearly as exciting as nail varnish in my eyes. I have since realised that all three of the shades I bought are pretty wintery but I absolutely love metallic nail varnishes. 

I am no beauty blogger, however will attempt to give my honest opinion of these varnishes. I apologise for the quality of these images, I also have a tendency to splodge outside the lines when painting my nails.


Black Metallic: 212 - Sephora by OPI

I think this varnish is possibly my favourite out of the three I bought in Sephora, it is OPI for Sephora and cost me $9. It is an amazing top coat that looks so good over black polishes with a really gorgeous bronze/green pigment that sparkles in the light. It also has some chunky flakes in it which make it shimmer and shine even more.



Purple Metallic:  67 - Sephora
Green Metallic: 70 - Sehpora

These two little bottles cost $4 each and are also really easy to apply although do need quite a few layers to build up the colour. The purple one I find quite mystical while the green reminds me of mermaids. I don't really like the green on the nail as much as I do in the bottle as it seems to loose some of the tones which made me buy it in the first place. I might try a few extra layers next time as the purple is beautiful painted on and I don't see why one would work but another wouldn't.

Having previously bought other Sephora nail varnishes I don't expect the life span to be too long. These varnishes tend to go clumpy in the bottle quite quickly from my experience, however at $4 each I can live with that. It will be the lifespan of the black OPI varnish that I will be keeping my eye on, not just because of the price but as it is like no other varnish I have found in the UK - I absolutely love it!

I also hope you like my little tea cups, I have a collection and thought they would make quite a cute and unique way of doing a nail varnish post!

R x



20 comments:

  1. Aw these are so pretty!! I especially love the green metalic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! <3 I love glitter polish (I'm wearing mine right now!)

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Plog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitter polishes are amazing, so good for the summer!

      Delete
  3. These colours are gorgeous! I love how you've used the teacup as a prop as well, so cute! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a whole collection of tea cups, they are going to be making many more appearances!

      Delete
  4. They're all really pretty colours, the black merallic one is like galaxy print! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that, I see what you mean and it makes me love it even more <3

      Delete
  5. Black metallic is sooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the black metallic, I bought one similar from Topshop the other day :) It looks awesome but it's annoying when drying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh really, I love TS make up will have to check out the new colours x

      Delete
  7. That dark one is gorgeous, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, love the Black Metalic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh these nail polishes are lush!
    Hannah x
    www,girlsclub93.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

xo