Thursday, 24 May 2012

The Day Job: Music Journalist




The day job? Oh how I wish, music has always been my most favourite thing in the world and the only passion I've ever really had. As it says on the side bar there The Robyn Diaries is a style and music blog, because while I am still obsessed with fashion, trends and style nothing can beat my love of music. I've recently tried to adapt this idea by adding music videos to each outfit post.

I live for new album releases, discovering new bands and don't even get me started about the excitement that comes along with gigs and festival season. While I studied for a degree in Fashion Journalism and got myself a 2:1 I have since decided that music journalism is the route for me. I have recently set up on own portfolio website with my most recent and favourite interviews, reviews and work experience.

Looking at it I am so impressed by the bands I have worked with and interviewed, some of them such as Dry The River, Slow Club and Kid Harpoon aren't up on the website but I still cherish those moments. I have also worked with some amazing publications including Q Magazine,  Gigwise, Virgin.com and 1883 Magazine and continue to do so. It is my dream that one day I will write about music as my day job, reviewing new releases, discovering new acts, interviewing my idols and attending gigs and festivals all over the world. This is only the beginning and I just wanted to show you the other side of my life which you do not see very much of on The Robyn Diaries.


I also wanted to introduce you to three of the bands I am working on album reviews for at the moment. Each are as brilliant as the next and all have very exciting summers coming up.

R x

6 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35x3W4G0n50 peace are pretty good if you want to hear new bands :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love Peace as well! Bbblood is a massive tune x

      Delete
  2. nice sharing honey, thanks for commenting on my blog but I can't see you on my GFC yet, let me know when you are following<3

    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thanks :)) nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

xo