Monday, 16 April 2012

Coachella Playlist: Sunday


The final day of a festival always has a weird mood of extreme happiness of all the memories made so far and of such sadness that this time, when the stage lights go off for the evening, it is the final time. Coachella have definitely saved the best for last with At The Drive In playing after their recent come back, Band Of Skulls, Real Estate and First Aid Kit all flying the flag for smaller bands while Justice, Santi Gold and Calvin Harris have some dance beats to share.


Metronomy

Having seen Metronomy live before I know what an absolute treat and dance along fest the bands set at Coachella is going to be. An incredible act not only on record but live too, Metronomy are a band that simply cannot be passed up at any opportunity. Their album 'The English Riviera' was one of my favourites of 2011, I cannot wait to hear more from them.


The Hives

What a strange bunch of Swed's The Hives are, however they put on an insane live show and howling Pele is a treat not to be missed. I am still not quite sure on how I feel about their new material however classics such as 'Main Offender' are sure to make many heads explode today.


Snoop Dogg & Dr Dre

A headlining act that I think more than speaks for itself, Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre taking over Coachella is going to be one of the most insane things I will ever witness. I am usually not one for RnB or what have you, I shut it firmly in my 'guilty pleasures' cabinet, however there is nothing to be ashamed about when it comes to Snoop Dawgy Dogg, I just hope he brings some of his famous collaborators along for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Metronomy are AMAZING!!!!!

    Hope you're having a great time you lucky thing!

    :)


    www.wonderfulljessie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

xo