Sunday, 15 April 2012

Coachella Playlist: Saturday


With Radiohead headlining, it is sure to be another amazing day at Coachella with plenty of outstanding music moments. Amongst the line up are the heavily doted upon Bon Iver, the modern master of dance David Guetta, the much under rated The Big Pink and a band I simply cannot wait to see again, The Vaccines. However with so many massive names on the line up, some heart breaking clashes are sure to occur, these are the names I will not be missing.


The Black Lips

One of those bands which received a lot of hype but never found commercial success The Black Lips are a firm favourite who make feel good, surf-punk music which I am so keen to bop along too. I saw them years ago at The Great Escape festival and cannot wait to see them again in the California sun for some absolute mad fun.


Kasabian

Who would have known all those years ago when Kasabian hailed themselves as the next big thing for music in the NME that they would ever make it this far. So much arrogance and self importance has certainly gotten Kasabian everything they would have ever dreamed of. While some might find this attitude obnoxious I absolutely adore Kasabian. I have never seen them live and have turned an interesting array of green tones at all my friends who have seen them over the past few months. I cannot wait to have my face blasted off by them, and to also stare at the face of the absolute g-o-d that is Serge.


Laura Marling

One of the many folk and acoustic acts on the Coachella bill this year, I think anybody who doesn't like Laura Marling was possibly born without a heart or ability to love. Her voice is so perfectly wraspy and gorgeous while her lyrics just make me want to melt. I know she is rather stage shy and when I have seen her before she has barely looked at the crowd let alone spoke to them much, however I hope she puts on a good performance for Coachella.

R x


No comments:

Post a Comment

xo