Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Summer Style Inspiration


All Images Refinery 29

If you are anything like me you will already be bored of coats and thick knit tights, and instead lusting over new sunglasses and the feeling of warmth the sun gives your skin. While I hate to go on, I have always found that street style snaps taken at Coachella give me so much inspiration for my summer wardrobe. It is great seeing things on a runway, or in a brands lookbook but nothing gives greater inspiration than seeing how another average joe would wear it. Ok so Kelly Osbourne is pictured here, but she just looks amazing at the moment so we can forgive it. 

Last years Coachella had a real vintage inspired vibe which I am definitely going to be going for this year, probably because charity shops are the only place I can afford at the moment. I do love second hand or vintage finds though as they give so much more personality. I bought a BIBA dress in a charity shop today for £20, it is the most dreamy Woodstock 70s piece ever and I am definitely taking it to Coachella with me to wear with black gladiator sandals and big sunnies.

It would seem pretty florals, big floppy hats and hair flowers ala Lana Del Rey are a big yes, alongside a casual vibe of shorts and sandals and fresh out of bed (tent) hair. While I am looking forward to playing dress up some of the time in California, I hope not everybody looks like this all of the time, as I will certainly have a freakout with my limited summer wardrobe and funds.

I am planning to open my little blog shop this weekend with some pieces that are either too good for ebay or I have scouted to sell on! I am quite excited as there are some great bits and bobs up for sale, and it all goes towards the California fund as well.

R x

2 comments:

  1. ah this has got me all excited for summer! Very jealous of your Coachella/California trip! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone looks mega stylish at Coachella- god I'm jealous of your trip!! xx

    ReplyDelete

xo