Sunday, 25 March 2012

S/S '12 Window Displays


Topshop


Working on Oxford Street can have it's advantages despite always being horribly busy. When walking to work I am always keen to see new shop displays as working in retail you come to learn just how much effort goes into making shops, especially windows and mannequins, look amazing. I thought I would snap my favourites for Spring/Summer 12.

Starting with Topshop, the Oxford Circus branch is still my favourite one despite being so big it takes hours to go round it properly. I absolutely love their take on neon brights and clashing patterns, making the trend look so put together yet carelessly clashy at the same time. The aztec prints and 80s inspired denim is also a look I really covet when done well.


Monki

Stepping into the new Monki shop on Carnaby street a week before payday was a massive mistake as I fell in love with everything! The shop is so sweetly laid out and holds lots of gorgeous and painfully on trend pieces at Primark prices. I love the leopard print t-shirt which was £12 and the flatform boots which were all around £30-40 a pair. The visual merchandising within the shop was dreamy, lots of pastels and lace grouped together on one side and bold bright with denim on the other. The different level hanging rails were also a really nice touch. I didn't go upstairs as I was running out of time, however I am excited to see what treasures the second story holds come payday.


Zara

I am not really a Zara fan, however their windows on Oxford Street are continually some of the best. An amazing lady like twist on the pretty pastels trend these mannequins looked like edible ice cream pales. I really love the brocade collared sleeves shirt and use of multiple flowers in the hair, however would probably team the look with denim to rough it up a little.


Liberty


Not clothing related, however I couldn't resist sharing this gorgeous display in Liberty's window. I absolutely love the cat and dog cushions so much, I definitely need one for my bed, or two, or three...

R x

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing window displays! It reminds me f when I used to do them before moving here. Love the bubbles in the Monki window :) Gosh, I hope I can get back in to VM'ing & windows when we get back from Spain, It's so fun ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete

xo