Wednesday, 28 March 2012

A Note...


Life is a funny little thing, wouldn't you say? The last few years of my life have been a crazy roller coaster and while many would want to settle and be happy the only thing I ever seem to want is constant improvement and change.

Just over a week ago I very quickly made one of the biggest decisions of my life; to quit my job, move home to my parents house and leave everything I had created behind. I have never been so happy as I have been since I decided to move to London yet I am going to turn my back on it. My reason for doing so is a lack of inspiration from working in a shop (what a surprise) and my need to chase all these crazy dreams I have.

I hadn't realised how trapped and stuck in a routine I had been until a spot of bother made me realise what a mad life I was living. I am going to move home at the end of next month in the hope of interning my way into a magazine and achieving some of the high hopes I have for my life. These range from wanting to present on radio and television to being an editor of a massive music magazine to little things like providing a stage and audience for all the amazing bands I adore who don't get the credit they deserve. 

If you were to ask me what my biggest dream in life is I would very quickly reply with the answer of wanting to present Glastonbury for the BBC. It seems silly and like something I could never achieve, but somebody has to do it each year and it might as well be me. 

All this has made me wake up and take stock of what is precious and to me that is my family, friends, good memories and making dreams come true. Anything else is an amazing added bonus. I used to be so full of ideas when I was younger and I have felt that slip away while at University and ever since, but in the last week it has all come back to me with a burning passion I haven't felt in years.

I want to change everything. I want to cut my hair, dye my hair, get new tattoos and piercings, change the way I dress, loose a stone, buy a bike, take care of my money, be a tidy person, see more of the world, laugh with friends and celebrate the important things with my family. I have felt so bogged down and now I feel alive again and like I could set the world on fire if  I just tried that little bit harder.

A wonderful college teacher called Erika once said to me "Robyn you could be amazing but your stuck in second gear and you need to drive in fifth". At the time I probably tutted and thought she was being silly but that was nearly six years ago and that sentence has always stuck with me. I am so excited for all the things I know I can do, and do well, just give me some time and I will show you what I am made of.

R x

13 comments:

  1. Lovely post hun, and such a massive decision. I admire you for being so brave, I have a huge list of things I want to do but I need something to get me going. Lots of luck with everything! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! It takes a lot of courage to change your whole life to chase your dreams but you sound slike you want it enough, just keep pushing and you'll get there.

    Hope everything is ok, and nothing bad caused you to have a re-evaluate. :)

    Good luck with it all!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good that you're putting your plan in to action. I can completely relate to the feeling of just needing to improve all the time.

    Hope it all goes really well, as I'm sure it will if you're putting your mind to it!!

    Good luck, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so talented, you can go so far! good luck sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm at my wits end.... the crying one. I just need some motivation. so good luck good luck, and let us know your progress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was so lovely to read, go Robyn! If you've got that fire burning now,I'm sure you'll achieve lots. It may as well be you presenting Glasto some of the presenters are rubbish!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading that makes me think the sky is the limit for you! Grab everything with both hands and i'm sure you'll achieve everything you set out too.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, well done you for making such huge decisions! I really hope everything goes well for you! I have a cute little print on my wall that says "Dreams don't work unless you do" which always reminds me to keep at things & eventually I'll get my dreams :) Good luck! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. its so easy to get bogged down in retail so i think you've definitely made the right decision to quit & do something you really want to do instead. its good to hear you're so motivated & i wish you the best of luck hun :) i'd definitely rather see you reporting on glastonbury than the likes of grimmy or fearne cotton! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a big decision, i really do hope everything works out for you as planned! i'm perfectly sure it will. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did a similar thing last year and it totally paid off. Good luck lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the comment my dear :) Reading this has definitely got me inspired, I’m off to University next year to study photography however so many people have told me to get a ‘proper’ job but I’m so pleased I’m going to pursue what I love. You definitely need to your dreams! I’d love to get to know you a bit better or exchange links or something like that :)
    Send me an email or something if your interested, I think we have a lot in common (I’n the least creepy way possible)
    Take Care,
    Charlotte xxx

    www.charlottesweb-photography.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the comment my dear :) Reading this has definitely got me inspired, I’m off to University next year to study photography however so many people have told me to get a ‘proper’ job but I’m so pleased I’m going to pursue what I love. You definitely need to your dreams! I’d love to get to know you a bit better or exchange links or something like that :)
    Send me an email or something if your interested, I think we have a lot in common (I’n the least creepy way possible)
    Take Care,
    Charlotte xxx

    www.charlottesweb-photography.com

    ReplyDelete

xo