Sunday, 18 March 2012

Mothering Sunday



Happy Mother's Day! I celebrated with my family yesterday due to my brother and I both living and working in London. We went for lunch at a lovely local pub before a walk by the canal and an exploration round a thousand year old derelict castle. It was lovely to see my family all together and to try and show my mum how much she means to me. For somebody who calls themselves a writer I am appalling at discussing or confessing my own feelings with others. My mum has been through so much yet is still an absolute rock and helps me whenever I need it whether with advice on what to do or amazing care packages through the post when I get really ill in the winter. 

This song has always reminded me of my mum and says better than I can how I feel. It might be a love song and a little bit cliche'd but it beings a tear to my eye every time I hear it and think about her.


Most recently my mum has helped me with a massive decision. I have decided to move back home to Hampshire from London. While I have had an incredible 8 months since finishing University I do not feel I have come any closer to achieving my dream of being paid to be a music journalist. I have decided that moving home and working part time will give me the opportunity to intern full time and hopefully work my way into a job I adore, instead of killing myself in a shop where my efforts go largely unappreciated and unnoticed. This has been one of the hardest decisions of my life but I feel it is the right thing to do.

I need to sort my head (and my finances) out quite a bit and put my energy into something that will hopefully end in a job I adore. I plan to move back into the same flat in September, giving myself four months to work as hard as possible to get to where I want to be. As a plus side for you guys, I will have more time to blog about things, and the clearing of head space will give me some fuel as I have felt so angry, tired and confused that blogging is the last thing on my agenda, as you might have noticed.

In summary, lots and lots of love to my amazing mumsy (pet name) and good tidings for the huge change that is about to happen,

R x

4 comments:

  1. Such a hard a decision but wish you all the luck - fingers crossed it all works out for you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful song, everything will be hunkydory i'm sure!
    taylorandtails.blogspot.com
    Abigail xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That castle is amazing! Cute card too! xx



    http://wonderfulljessie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats mine and my boy's song! yaay! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

xo