Tuesday, 7 February 2012

How I Would Wear: Pastels


Bow Floppy Hat - Forever 21
White Pocket Detail Vest - River Island
Tie Dye Kimono - Topshop
Quartz Bullet Necklace - Wired Jewellery
Peace Ring - Rock N Rose
Gone Fishing Nail Varnish - Topshop
High Waisted Shorts - Topshop
Lattice Wedge Sandals - River Island
Across Body Bag - ASOS

Pastel colours and soft silhouettes are currently the hottest trend for the upcoming warmer weather. While it may seem crazy to be thinking about what to wear in the summer when we've all just been accosted with snow it makes me feel a little bit better about the cold when I know that it will soon be time to get my pins out and bathe in the sunshine once again.

The pastels trend is a particularly hard one for us English Roses as it can very easily make you look washed out. I am quite fortunate that while I have fair skin and dark hair (and the freckles to go with it) that I also do catch a tan, the last of which is still clinging onto life on my shoulders, torso and legs, praise the lord.

I have already bought this hat in black and absolutely love it, I also have a pair of similar shorts which are getting lots of wear and I can't wait to dress them down in the summer with sandals. I find it so important to be comfortable in the heat so a baggy vest tucked into shorts and this kimono are perfect to not feeling completely naked but still keep cool. I love these sandals and might actually have to buy them, the flatform trend is one I am in love with but cannot find anything that doesn't look like a hospital shoe to feed my lust. 

What do you think of the pastels trend? Is it one you'll be avoiding or buying lots of in the next few months?

R x


3 comments:

  1. I love pastels so much, but being ridiculously pale with semi ginger hair, they never quite seem to work...I mean I wear them anyway, but I don't think they particularly suit me!
    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want everything. I love pastels, I don't feel like they'd work too well with my pale skin and platinum blonde hair though...I might look like I've morphed all in to one shade, which is never good. x

    sffhcks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes please, I want some pastels (and the weather to go with) now please. x

    ReplyDelete

xo