Saturday, 19 November 2011

Just Another November Night

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Lace Detail Dress - Topshop
Necklaces - Forever 21 & Gogo Phillip
Stud & Chain Boots - Kurt Geiger

Another weekend spent at work and another weekend in, seems to be the story of my life this month bar a horrendous night out last weekend which we won't go into. I knew November was going to be a tough one of 48 hour weeks and little to no life but the party animal in me is desperate to get out. As a recent ex-student I am used to going out at least twice a week and have previously done seven days on the trot during one spectacular reading week. It isn't all bad though, my lack of alcohol has actually resulted in my skin picking up its game and loosing a little bit of weight, and it is all working towards the bigger picture. You might know that I am heading to California next year for a month to go to Coachella festival and basically live the dream road tripping around San Francisco, LA, Vegas and Texas. Obviously I am stupidly excited and keep telling myself a night out missed at home is a night out gained in America.

I also have a very exciting December planned. Not only is it Christmas which means lots of festive excitement and time spent at home with family, cats and chickens but I have quite the month planned. Opening with a trip to Liverpool for my housemates birthday we are planning quite the weekend away before returning for three stints at our local, Brixton Academy, to see The Vaccines and attend both Soulwax-Mas and XFM's Winter Wonderland - so much excitement. Only two weeks until it all kicks off I guess.

Anyway about my clobber, the dress is really really old Topshop but I absolutely love it still. I don't wear it much apart from in the winter as it just doesn't go with sandals, but I adore it all the same. Does anybody else have pieces of clothing like that? I got really upset when I snagged it at work this week which you can see in the pictures, two years of goodness with chiffon is a pretty good achievement though, right?

R x

P.S - Sorry about the mega dark pictures, it is winter though you know.

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous outfit, i love the dress! i have an awesome silver peplum rose print vintage dress i love to wear, but i'd look such a prick if i ever wore it in summer! defs not appropriate.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I remember this dress, I still love it too! So jealous of your American road trip. San Fran is awesome, I'm desperate to go back.

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a perfect dress. I first thought it was a top and skirt, but LOVE it's one!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend, sound's like a super busy month for you!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i graduated last year and i still have the student feeling of wanting to go out every night :( IT NEVER GOES AWAY. i want your boots!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always look gorgeous! i want all your clothes! would love to get my mitts on this dress! beaut!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not get over how adorable this outfit is!!! Like seriously....its adorable.

    Hey come road tripping to Texas! Maybe I might bump into you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress. That sucks working all weekend, always nice to get clearer skin though.x

    ReplyDelete

xo