Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Best of All

Photobucket

Yesterday evening I returned home from one of the most magical weekends of my life at Bestival. The festival which is held on the Isle of Wight is the most pretty and eccentric festival I have ever been too, with so much effort put in to make the campsites and main arena look like something out of a fairy-tale.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Not only were the surroundings out of this world, but the music was also superb. From seeing one of my favourite ever bands The Cure live, to hearing new music from the Maccabees and finding new flavours to enjoy such as Beardyman and Yuck there was enough choice to keep all entertained. Beyond the realms of music there was also stages of cabaret, theatre, roller disco's, spoon armys, relaxation tents and the ambient forest. With fairy lights and statues leading the way through the forests tracks to poetry readings and hammocks to hang out in the ambient forest was the place to chill out from partying hard. Another must visit attraction was the wishing tree where you could go to 'tree-hab' or party to 80's classic come night fall.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

One of the things Bestival is most famous for as a festival is it's fancy dress day on a Saturday. This year the theme was Rock Stars, Pop Stars and Diva's which I loved. Walking around the campsite and seeing almost all of Bestival's fifty five thousand attendees go all out in fancy dress was an amazing thing to see. Above you can see us as Lady Gaga, Beyonce at Glastonbury, George Michael and myself as Lily Allen.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Another of my favourite aspects of Bestival is the freedom to adorn any sort of wigs, face paint or outfit you wish outside of fancy dress Saturday and not feel the slightest bit ridiculous. A mixture of multi-coloured wigs and glitter, which I am still finding on my body now, were our outfits of choice.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On Sunday night we went full out with glow sticks, and shot glasses, yes you read that correctly, added to our outfits. The firework set after Bijork was simply amazing especially with the sing along madness that occurred to the accompanying music. I don't think the pictures above, despite being quite good even if I do say so myself, really begin to cover how magical a place Bestival really is. All I have left to say is a big thank you to the following man for his amazing creation...

Photobucket

X

7 comments:

  1. ahhh it looks amazing, Bestival is definitely on my festival to do list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing, I really want to go next year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your round up of the weekend is great! I am soooo jealous I wasn't there. The cure are one of my all time faves and I love Yuck right now! I also really want a pink wig after seeing your pics. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh bestival looks so fun! i've never been to a festival, they don't really appeal that much, but bestival looks more relaxed. i'm going to a wig-party in a few weeks, so i might have to look for some now! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks like you had an amazing weekend, would love to make bestival one day. Love your flower headband and love the idea of shotlgasses and glowsticks making up an outfit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my lord, it looks and sounds amazing! Glad you had such an amazing weekend, Robyn :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing Robyn, I was so set on coming this year and so gutted I didn't! I'm glad you had a lovely time though :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

xo