Wednesday, 10 August 2011

VLOG: Tour of my new abode


Well here it is, my first ever vlog! I recently moved house and have been wanting to show off my amazing new room to everybody and anybody I can as I love it so much. I spent today waiting in for my new bed to arrive from IKEA and then spent the next 2 hours putting it together with a little help from my housemate Joanna. I feel really settled in my new adobe now, despite all these riots and the constant sirens outside. If you were to look on the riot map you would see that every place around us has been hit, including Brixton, Peckham and Clapham Junction so we are feeling really lucky to have escaped for the most part bar a few smashed in shops.





Last night we had a little riot BBQ on our roof terrace to calm our nerves as we were expecting another evening of feeling scared and watching in horror as these disgusting people wrecked our beloved city again. Thankfully we saw only a hand full of emergency vehicles go past although earlier this evening I did witness 7 of those black riot vans and 8 silver Police vans speed past our house on the wrong side of the road with sirens on, eep.

Been planning lots of exciting things this week, including going to Reading Festival for the weekend this year despite promising myself I never would again, buying Bestival tickets and a cheeky weekend holiday to Berlin in October. Going to be needing to pull lots more shifts at Forever 21 for spending money though.

Hope everybody is well, outfit post soon now I am settled and unpacked,

R x

10 comments:

  1. This has made me realise how much I miss you! We need to meet up ASAP.
    Love your new abode Robyn,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw looks lush! Can't wait to visit you and Jo! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made your room really cute and cosy. It looks great, and all tied together with a particularly fetching Johnny Cash poster!

    I live in Berlin, so if you need any tips, just let me know x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love your room! I have wanted a bed like that for years too! I want them collar decorations, they are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, your voice is so adorable! it's so nice & girly, i'd sound like such a man if i did one of these, ahaha.

    & i love your room, definitely need to get a bed like yours!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks beautiful! You look gorgeous as ever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I need that bed! Nice presenting ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted a bed like this too! My boyfriend seems to think it looks too flimsy tho : /

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww this is too cute! Love the sofa area and the old push up windows! Drum part for a table? Brilliant. :) xxx



    http://wonderfulljessie.blogspot.com


    x

    ReplyDelete

xo