Wednesday, 20 July 2011

The most beautiful shoes in all the land...


Ever since I first saw Alexa Chung rock a pair of these Russell & Bromley black patent Chester loafers I have lusted over them. Years of buying high street look-a-likies and pining for the real thing today led me to buy the originals. An investment which I hope will see me straight for a good few years and not fall apart like my beloved copy cat replicas previously have. I took a trip to the Oxford Street shop and headed straight for them, picking them up and turning around the Chester shoes for the hundredth time knowing this time I would actually get to try them on and buy them. The shop assistant seemed very happy when I quickly asked to try them in a 7 and decided even faster that I was going to buy them. Typing my pin into the card machine I felt a little giddy and smiled to myself. These are the most expensive thing I have ever bought myself, and while I do feel a little bit guilty for spending quite so much on one pair of shoes I know they will bring me so much happiness, both to my heart and my feet.

R x

10 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful ! I aim to own a pair one day ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol "both to my heart and my feet" ahahahahaaa

    u can write very beautifully about a pair of shoes, you are very talented. and i am very jealous!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is like reading MY Russ & Brom Chester experience... it's bringing back all the ~memories! Mine were a bitch to break in, but they've lasted well - I wear them literally ALL THE TIME. Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some times it just has to be done, they are gorgeous.. You've made me start eyeing up the tan pair!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED THOSE SHOES :( they are amaaazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful, I want to save up and get a pair in the winter - they are such a good investment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. these loafers are absolutely beautiful, such a lovely investment piece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy hell, they look amazing!!

    I do think an expensive purchase is justified sometimes, because they'll definitely remain at the top of your favourites list for years, RIGHT?! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the chesters in tan and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

    ReplyDelete

xo